Smooth-Cast Semi-Rigid Urethane Casting Resins
The Smooth-Cast® Semi-Rigid line of low-cost semi-rigid urethane casting resins cure quickly to semi-rigid plastics that offer exceptional strength and impact resistance. New Formulations – New Look! Smooth-Cast 45D, 60D and 61D are newly reformulated with a translucent white appearance and improved physical properties. All Smooth-Cast semirigids are now mercury free and phthalate free. These plastics are easy-to-use (mix ratio is 1A:1B by volume) and have low viscosities for minimal bubble entrapment. Vibrant colors are possible by adding SO-Strong® color tints or Ignite® color pigments.
These semi-rigid plastics are good for making impact resistance prototypes, abrasion resistant parts, climbing holds, foundry patterns, roller facings, vibration pads, etc.
NOTE: Smooth-Cast® 57D and Smooth-Cast® 65D are also suitable for rotational casting applications. Do not use other Smooth-Cast® semi-rigid plastics for roto casting.
- Smooth-Cast® 45D - 30 minute demold time
- Smooth-Cast® 57D - 30 minute demold time
- Smooth-Cast® 60D - 30 minute demold time
- Smooth-Cast® 61D - 60 minute demold time
- Smooth-Cast® 65D - 15 minute demold time
- Smooth-Cast® 66D - 60 minute demold time